Wednesday 3 January 2007

The Format



To me The Format are mildly mysterious, mainly because I know next to nothing about them except for the fact that they are from Phoenix, Arizona. I am really digging their latest record Dog Problems, it is really upbeat well crafted catchy pop music. Admittedly I may have been a little late getting on the bandwagon with these guys but now I'm on it I ain't getting off. As far as I can figure out The Format seemed to be backed up heavily by session musicians and/or friends. But the two geezers in the photo above are Sam Means and Nate Ruess and they are the principal minds behind the project. Just recently the band released a cover of The Kinks song Apeman. And I gotta tell ya.. It's great man.

The Format - Apeman (5.4mb)
The Format - Dead End (5.9mb)

If you like this artist please support them by purchasing their music.




Check out The Format on MySpace.



Check out videos of The Format on YouTube.



More The Format Links
Official | Hype Machine | Last.fm | Wikipedia

1 comment:

thatguyfromla said...

any way you could re up the apeman track?

 
glissandoriot Go to Blogger.com